We all know that mom life takes over and at more times than not we forget to take care of ourselves. Sometimes I feel like I barely get to brush my teeth or take a shower by myself, let alone put on my make up. But, I wasn’t ready to give up on make-up and hair altogether. Being a mom is hard enough as it is, and feeling pretty (and human) is more important than ever. So, I changed up a few things and made it much quicker in getting ready, while still feeling beautiful. It’s the little things, you know? I am sharing some of my fave products from skin care to hair care that help me get ready in no time nowadays.
My morning make-up routine is 15 minutes or less. I wash my face with THIS cleanser and it is safe for daily use. Then I like to moisturize my face with THIS cream before I put THIS CC cream and of course cannot forget the under eye concealer. One of my favorite and inexpensive blushes is THIS blush and I always get compliments on it. My eyebrows have become a must every morning and I LOVE this brow pencil. And as a final touch I add THIS mascara, of course I curl my lashes. It takes me longer to type this than to actually do it – but this has been my routine for a while so I’ve gotten really good about doing it quickly.
As far as my hair goes, I usually can get it done in less than 10 minutes. Now, when I am actually taking a bath and blow drying my hair and curling it – well that’s usually an hour all together. But the following days are much easier as I make my curls last. THIS hairspray has been my go to after curling my hair, and THIS leave-in has been in my routine forever. I don’t like to use too may products, but those that I use work the best for my hair. Usually, I can go 4-5 days without washing my hair and it still looks great. I love this hair wand, it’s simply the best! The best thing about it is its price.
Here are the products that I am obsessed with:
- Living Proof is definitely on top of my list for hair products. I love this overnight cream. I’ve been using it for a while, and just love the smell. It leaves my hair feeling shiny and smooth the following morning but not to forget the smell… it smells so good! You only need a little bit and you’re good. I like to use this every other night. This shampoo is great for volume while this other shampoo is perfect for any day hair. I’ve used both, and cannot say I love one more than the other but I always go with volume. I do like to switch my shampoos, so I currently have this one which helps keep my hair from getting brassy and this one to give me volume and texture. Both smell so good. It’s good to switch up shampoos so your hair doesn’t get used to it.
2. I love having the time to do my hair and all, but when all else fails this dry shampoo is a life saver. I mean, it takes me to Day 5 without washing – not kidding at all! You can get yours here at they are under $9, and sometimes you can catch it under $5 at this store here. You have to shake it well, apply at roots and then work through with a brush. I love it!
3. Ok, so I think I wash my hands like a million times a day – I mean, gosh! My hands can get sooooo dry and lookin’ all wrinkled up (yeah, don’t imagine that) but I’ve been using this lotion for the past six months and I swear by it! It is hands down the best lotion out there and it is only $4.99 at Trader Joe’s. The plus is – it is made with coconut oil, hemp oil and shea butter all paraben free! That’s a winner in my books. I swear, I love Trader Joe’s. We do all our shopping there and finding things like this lotion, face creams, etc. is a bonus!
4. If you know anything about me, you will know that I am all about masks (and coffee! have you tried the Starbucks double shot on ice yet? OMG I’m obsessed) Anyways…. putting on a mask twice a week is my thing. I mean, I find time to it do whenever – whether it’s the first thing in the morning or just before bedtime, I don’t skip masks. These are my current faves and I’ve been buying them every time I shop here. Almost every time it’s buy two get one free. They are only $2.99. I mean, you can’t beat that price! Now, I also love this one but it is not as budget friendly. But, this would make a great Mother’s Day Gift – putting it on my wish list. TIP: keep the mask for 20+ minutes and wash away with warm water following with a moisturizing cream
5. Needless to say, I am obsessed with IT products! It is definitely a splurge, but I’ve learned that splurging on some things can be worth it because of benefits of taking care of my skin. The CC+ cream is perfect as it gives me coverage, it hydrates my skin and has SPF 50. Woot! Woot! I went with slightly darker shade (medium). It The Bye Bye under eye concealer is AMAZING! I went with a lighter shade (light) to get the brighter effect under eyes + cover my – you know designer bags – and I love the effect. You only need a small amount, and I really mean a small amount. Remember, a little goes a long way! TIP: go with a lighter shade for your concealer and a darker for your CC+ cream, don’t get them in the same shade.
6. I love Philosophy, and although it can be expensive I like to treat myself from time to time. I think you should too – treat yourself mama! You deserve it! . And, this would make a perfect Mother’s Day gift, just saying. I am a huge advocate of moisturizing, so moisturize, moisturize, and moisturize some more. Tip: Add just a little, but very little of this cream before I put on my IT CC+ cream. It gives me that dewy and glowing skin.
These are my three fave products:
Thank you beautiful ladies for reading and following our journey! Our lives can get so busy as moms and it is so important to take care of ourselves. I’ve talked about the importance of self-love, self-care, and self-time in a previous post HERE.
If you have any products you absolutely LOVE, share them with me in the below comments! I love, love to hear what other people are using. Tell me about your fave products, and your mom beauty hacks. I want to know!