Steve Madden leopard sneakers (under $60) | Michael Kors heels | similar Express jeans (favorite) | different color Michael Kors bag (sold out in black) (under $200) | old old Victoria’s Secret leather jacket, but similar here, here, and here | similar H&M cowl neck sweater here and here | Sunglasses (under $15)
I am determined to show you that being pregnant doesn’t mean you can’t keep up with trends and feel fashionable, and even more important feel beautiful. You deserve to feel beautiful! The key to staying stylish yet comfy during pregnancy is to find pieces that work for your body, which is why I love layering pieces! And, by the way this whole outfit features all my regular non-maternity clothes that work during pregnancy – yes, in my third trimester! You’re wondering how? Read on.
1. Skinny Jeans. If you enjoyed your favorite skinny jeans before pregnancy there is no reason why you cannot enjoy them now. Heard of “extending” your waistband? Or even better, the belly band? Yes, these all work! PS I prefer the little trick of using your hair tie! And, if that doesn’t work – buy yourself a pair of maternity skinny jeans! It’s okay, trust me. Wearing maternity clothes is totally okay.
2. Fitted Clothes. Choose snug pieces over bulky pieces. I know that bigger and oversized clothes sound like a great idea, but trust me you’ll feel much better showing that bump off and wearing fitted clothes! I love this cowlneck sweater, which is a sweater dress but now works as a longer sweater!
3. Jackets. Layer your clothes! I love a good leather or faux fur or denim jacket! I feel that adding a jacket makes the outfit. Do you agree? This leather jacket has been a staple in my wardrobe season to season, and black is definitely the best color!
4. Heels. You can wear heels while pregnant. You just need to find the height that works for you and find a comfortable pair! I don’t wear heels unless they are comfortable. Sorry, not sorry! But, I love these! I love how adding a pair of heels takes this outfit from day to night! I am ready for a sushi date with bestie! (Yes, yes still craving sushi like never before!)
5. Sneakers. Dress your sneakers up. I love these leopard print ones. This is such an easy way to make your outfit look stylish yet stay very comfy. I love wearing these when running to the grocery store with the boys, or if we are just out and about doing a million errands (because I won’t wear heels to run errands, that’s for sure!). Leopard is so in this season (and honestly, I have always loved incorporating leopard into my wardrobe. Don’t you love those outfits that you can just change shoes and they still look great? I know I do!
6. Basics. Don’t forget to buy your basics, and this goes whether you’re pregnant or not pregnant. Having those key pieces for layering will take you through the entire season. I always stock up on tank tops, short and long-sleeve t-shirts to wear under sweaters, ponchos, wraps, vests, etc. You get the idea! I love all the Gap maternity basics!
Is anyone thinking about the upcoming Holidays yet? I know I am. I started making the Christmas wish-list and things that need to be done in preparation for Christmas, as well as baby A’s arrival! My due date is January 7th, which is our Christmas (orthodox Christmas). So needless to say it will be a whole lot different this year! But, I have to be prepared that she may come early too! Which is why I am getting a head start on all the Christmas/Holiday planning! I got a wish list for the kids, I got a wish list for baby A of things I need (and want) for her, plus other things that we need to get done around the house. So excited for all to come!!!