It’s the weekend beauties!
So if you have a preggers friend and are not sure what to gift her whether it be a a for the upcoming Holidays or you just want to spoil your friend that just had a baby, or if you are a soon to be mama, I am letting you in on a little secret… well, my must haves for postpartum, which I know they’ll be yours too!
With every pregnancy I have learned a few things, and with each pregnancy my planning skills have improved. However, it’s hard to plan for postpartum as you never know how things will go, how you will feel, etc. but one thing is for sure – feeling comfortable and pulled together (for lack of better words) is definitely something I wanted after each baby.
This time around I have planned even better on a few things that will make the first few weeks post baby that much easier.
1. Chemise/Nightgown. So I know when you’re at the hospital that gown is not the most comfortable nor the prettiest, so the alternative to that would be this pretty yet nursing friendly maternity sleepwear chemise. You can choose from different colors. One thing I love about it is that the straps unhook easily for convenience of us breastfeeding mamas. It’s not only cute, it’s loosely fitted and gives you room to move around. A must have at the hospital, those first few weeks/months of constant nursing and just lounging around in the house. The best thing is you can add leggings and a cozy sweater over it for an even comfier and cozier feel.
2. Postpartum Leggings. They are a must for every preggers after having a baby. I swear by these belly bandit mother tucker post partum leggings, and will be giving the Blanqi postpartum leggings a try for the first time (the belly support leggings are the bomb dot com and I wore them my entire pregnancy *still am*), and it doesn’t hurt to have a spare set of these mom night out black maternity leggings from preggo leggings. One of my other faves for just lounging aorund the house are these jersey leggings from Old Navy. Okay, but going back to the mother tucker leggings – they are seriously such a life saver after you’ve just had a baby! They make you feel like you didn’t just have a baby, sucking in all the extra skin, and keeping it all in – must have!
3. Cropped top. I know, you are probably thinking I am crazy but hear me out for a sec! You think wearing oversized clothes to hide the extra baby weight will make you feel better, but it’s actually the opposite. It’s wearing fitted clothes, like postpartum leggings, a fitted nursing tank with a cropped sweatshirt like this top that will make you feeling and looking great. And, they are so convenient for nursing! And, they are comfy and cozy. You’ll look put together without trying too much. I really like this one.
4. Dry Shampoo. This one is always a must have but your hair will probably be in a bun most of the days the first few weeks after having a baby that adding dry shampoo will make your hair look fresh! I love this one. It’s definitely on repeat on my to buy list, and seems to make my life that much easier. Make sure to put some in your hospital bag too!
5. Pajamas. You’ll want a set of cozy pajamas that are nursuing friendly. You can wear this chemise underneath or alone. I prefer to wear it underneath the pjs to be more comfortable and because it gets cold during the night. Love these thermal pajamas from Old Navy, which by the way are currently on major sale. I snagged these and these. Love them!
So I know these are just a few things you will need, and there is another not so glamorous list of things you will need post-partum BUT, I wanted to share the five things that will make you feel better after you have just had a baby. Clearly, you won’t jump back to your pre-pregnancy size overnight and you’ll have your depressing days, maybe even cry a lot and doubt the motherhood journey but one thing that has always made me feel better is having that cute new outfit to wear to go home, those leggings tht suck everything in and that pretty nursing chemise.
The not so glamorous list though;
- Nipple cream
- Overnight pads
- Full coverage panties
- Nursing pads
- Ice packs
Speaking of all the unglamorous things one needs postpartum, I have not bought a single thing yet but will be ordering shortly – that’s why I love online shopping! The hospital bag will be packed soon, and you’ll be able to find out what I decided to bring this time around – third time is a charm, I guess for knowing exactly what to bring and what not to bring.
For all my preggers out there, share your must haves as this mama can always use suggestions and your advice!