This was us a few days ago running some errands, grabbing Starbucks in our little town, doing some local shopping and then off to my parents for a visit.
What new Moms need to pack in their Diaper Bag
This post is especially for all the new mamas out there, and especially my best friend who is due with her first baby in March. You probably saw my post a few weeks back when I shared that she was pregnant, and as a new mom I know that she is looking for guidance on what to pack in her diaper bag. Sometimes, you cannot think of everything and you get overwhelmed reading everything online.
Being a mom of three, my diaper bag essentials look a little different nowadays and you can read all about that here.
In this post I wanted to share the essentials every new mom needs in her diaper bag for the baby when out and about, whether that be a visit to the doctor’s, grocery storE, or her friend’s house.
I partnered up with Lily Jade Co., on this gorgeous diaper bag. One of many things I love about this company is the quality of their bags and that they are made by another mom, someone that knows what us moms need when looking for a diaper bag.
Five Reasons to Love this Bag
One, this bag doubles as a backpack and a messenger bag. You can even slip your laptop inside the bag. Two, it has all the pockets in the world. In addition to the interior section that pulls out (and full of pockets), the bag itself has so many pockets. Three, it is so easy to clean. You can just wipe it down with your baby wipes that you should be carrying already. Four, there is an insert full of pockets that comes out. So when you leave your baby at grandma’s, all you need to do is take out the insert to leave it with grandma and grab the bag and be on your way. Five, it is simply gorgeous.
Diaper Bag Essentials
Trying to figure out what to pack can be overwhelming, especially for a new mom.
- Diapers – Depending on what you’re doing and where you’re going, you” want to ensure you have enough diapers. Let’s say one diaper for every two hours for a newborn and always, some extra. PS I used to always have an extra tote in the trunk with extra diapers, wipes, formula, outfit, etc. not to overwhelm my bag.
- Wipes – You’ll use these wipes for everything, so never leave the house without a pack or two.
- Changing pad – Which you already have in this Lily Jade Diaper Bag.
- Extra outfit – This is a must for newborns. They can have a blowout, they spit up a lot, you can spill milk on their outfit. In any case, always have an extra outfit.
- Bottles/Formula – If you’re exclusively breastfeeding, you won’t need this. Otherwise, have bottles filled with water so that they’re ready and formula in the formula container already pre-measured so that it’s ready for you.
- Pacifier – If you’re baby uses a pacifier always have on on hand. I always, and still carry one for Anastasija. She falls asleep the best with her pacifier.
- Diaper cream – Always carry a small diaper cream. A little goes a long way. You’ll only need a small amount, as this is not a lotion for the entire body.
- Blanket – A thin, swaddle kind of a blanket that you can use to cover the baby if he/she falls asleep in the carrier, and/ or stroller. Always good to have one in the diaper bag.
- Your essentials – things that you normally need, like your wallet, your phone, keys, lip balm, etc. It’s not a bad idea to have a plain white/black t-shirt for yourself in the bag too, in case you get a spit up from the baby. Which you probably will.
I didn’t want to have a play date bag and a dinner date bag. This bag doubles as both.
Thank you to Lily Jade Co., for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my very own.