Vasilije is not six yet (he’ll be turning six in May), but his mind is that of a six year old boy if not older. He is not interested in your standard “toys” that much, he is more interested in educational toys that challenge his brain or things like video games, which are a parenting nightmare (if you ask me). So coming up with some gifts to get him for the Holidays has been really challenging, to say the least. I figured there may be others wondering what to get their five, six, or seven year old boys so I wanted to share what I have come up with. Also, using this as Vasilije’s Wish List for mom & dad and he already wrote a letter to Santa with what he’d like Santa to bring him, which is part of this list too.
This post contains affiliate links.
Ps. We have a rule that Santa cannot bring expensive gifts because he had a lot of other children to bring gifts too and that we need to be kind and let Santa share the love with all the kids in the world.
1. Lego Set. These have always been a hit in our household, from Lego Duplo to Lego Classic now.
2. Super Mario Maker 2 game. This may n educational much but he recently fell in love with video games and has been begging for this game.
3. Nintendo Switch Console. I am not a huge fan of video games but we have slowly reintroduce screen time for the boys and allow them to play a little. Vasilije is obsessed with this.
4. Sorry! Game. We love playing this game as a family. Plus, it teaches your child how not to get upset.
5. Dinosaur Mosaic. This is a fun way to keep them occupied. I got this for Vasilije when he was at sleepover at grandparents and he loved it.
6. Math Dice. Vasilije loves math and this game is perfect for his age to challenge his brain a bit.
8. How to Draw Animals book. This is a fun way for them to start learning how to draw animals an easy way.
10. Magna Tiles. We got these for them several months ago and they still play with them.
12. Soccer set. The boys had this and loved it.
13. Vtech Zoom Kids “fake apple watch”. Vasilije has been asking to have a watch like daddy, and this would be a perfect alternative to an actual Apple watch.
Hope you find some inspiration while gift shopping. I tried to come up with things that a six your old boy would enjoy. I have to admit this was the hardest gift guide to put together. And, if I missed something that you think they’d love, please do share in the comments below.